Sunday 24 May 2009

Swine Flu updates

Everyone concerns about swine flu.

For the latest news,
Malaysia - 2 (KL, Penang/Perak),
Singapore - 0
UK - 133 [London contributes 70cases; 1 in Northeast (i.e. Newcastle)].
France - 16
Italy - 10

[source: http://www.swineflu.sg/]

43 countries have officially reported 12 022 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 86 deaths.

According to Singapore [http://www.crisis.gov.sg/flu/], those flying to Singapore from 'affected' areas are USA, Mexico and Canada. MOH website stating Japan and UK are NOT 'affected' areas.

Hopefully UK flu cases wont be increasing till 2 months later, till the date of my return. Otherwise, when UK is classified as 'affected' area, I would have to execute 'Home Quarantine Order' (HQO) upon my arrival. I must keep myself healthy when i go back!

I dun want to be forcefully quarantine for 7days, it will affect my plan and I cant imagine the day of quarantine!!

*pray pray*

*safe safe*

I hate swine flu, we have to get masks for our coming trip too. ~sienz~



Appendix:

For those traveling from affected countries,
# monitor your temperature daily
# check yourself for the following symptoms:

* High fever (> 38 deg C)
* Sore throat
* Cough
* Body aches
* Runny nose
* Headaches
* Tiredness

No comments: