Friday 22 May 2009

my secondary days

not sure if any secondary friend visits this blog. the majority of my best secondary friends are english educated, so they hardly read Chinese.

Dated back to the first year i enrolled into the 'controlled' new secondary school in my hometown in 1999. Chinese are not easy to get into the school, just like Malaysia University, Chinese have to be get 10x better result than Malay to admit into local university.

SMK Seri Nibong is a place i met the best friend of my life. In our pioneer batch, there was only 12 chinese girls, so we were very united, even we were in different classes. That was the time I met all of my best friends,who are English educated and I became their Chinese teacher for the few years! They were hardly Chinese literate that time, I taught them to speak proper Chinese and some of them could speak good Chinese and some make the effort to read/write Chinese now! Amazing right??!

Since form 1, I transformed from a mummy girl into a bad girl, but still the one having good result lah. haha. the bad part was I started to argue with my mum, just for the reason of cycling to school. She worried my safety (my house is very far from school) , my skin get darker (seems tat my mum wanted me to be a fair one, but she failed! haha!!) etc... I also started playing volleyball, but i was the lousiest among the girls. I'm still the lousiest, they are too good, some are still State and University Representatives!

I miss the secondary school life the most, carefree, innocent, happy and the list goes on... The happiest thing was we met each other everyday, at least 12 hours each day for the schooling, volleyball, and tuition!

Recently my friend has uploaded our old photos, and the comments are like hundreds and hundreds! haha!! I have really litte photos, because I was the lousiest player, I'm not gifted talent, though I practiced the same hours as them =( So, I could hardly be part of the open tournament players etc... Another reason was that I stay very far from school, after the Penang/Butterworth matches, I was the first one to alight from the bus, and they stopped at campus, where it was just 5min walking/cycling to their houses ...Though we played hard, we din study for PMR. After PMR, more than half of the girls changed school, for many reasons, the main reason was the stupid Malay system and teachers lah. I also changed to SMK Tunku Abdul Rahman in the 5th week of Form 4, then I stopped playing volleyball, to really concentrate in my study! So, I dun have much volleyball memory for the last 2 years of my secondary school. So, after form 4, i transformed back to a good student, life is all about studying. Haha.


This one has nothing to do with me. Just to show you that this is Penang/Malaysia open match, not sure what they got, but just a very good one. Few of our best girls did join the team!!


See, we still got featured in the newspaper!! haha!! Guess which one is me??
I was very pretty and slim... and i can never get fatten before 17, no matter how many meals I ate, guess all the energy fuel goes to volleyball!! Upper row, third from the left is me ^_^


This is the fattest me, my first year in Poly, I still visited them regularly after coming to Singapore... That's our volleyball court! Upper left.


That's the slimmest me after 17. Haha. I was 18, and I had just returned from my 3-month National Service.


Taken on the same day, with our coach -LLL, bottom left. He is the greatest player I've ever seen.


This photo, was still kept in the middle girl's wallet since form 2, which is 9 years ago! She said she never thought of changing it. Anyway, she is the best of my best friend. She's graduated from UPM, chemical engineer! The right one, said she is going to develop this photo to make everyone of us has a copy in our wallet. haha.




THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PHOTO!
I was 14, and I managed to join the team to play state games in Penang Union!
Taken with our 2 excellent coaches.
If you know Star Idol in Malaysia, you may know that the Top2 was MJ Tan. She is in the photo, bottom left...heez...




Celebrity look... She is one year younger than me =P

So i told you, our school is really a controlled school, we have so much talents. I'm not sure how our coaches are doing (they are also our seniors), but there is one HOT chick Navy officer (very hard to get through one!)- the 2nd from upper left, one Lawyer- the 2nd from bottom left, the chemical enginner - middle bottom, one pharmacist - the 2nd bottom right, one potential food technology- bottom right, one potential accountant- the 3rd upper right, and the business girl- the 3rd upper left... Not sure to call myself nutritionist or food technologist. haha....

Anyway, I love those pictures!!

No comments: