Sunday 22 March 2009

Hadrian Wall day out




Firstly, today i made tomato & onion omelette. Nice lo~~ I love it ^^


Then we joined Building an Active Community (BAAC) programme for a day out to Hadrian Wall. As a student from School of Applied Science, I pay nothing while crab has to pay £3.


The famous Hadrian wall was built about 2000years ago by Roman emperor to act as a frontier. It is one of the world heritage side attracting both walking and cycling visitors. It streches 72 miles across the northern part of the UK, while we only walked 7.5miles today, and it costed us about 5.5hours.



An old couple from London told us: I thought we must have a look at Hadrian Wall for once. What I think is... it is one of the must-see heritage for Britain. Hadrian wall is one of the most well-preserved heritage left from Roman.

Sharply after one hour since departure, we arrived Hadrian Wall. Disappointedly, it was so foggy and freezing! We lost sight to the student organiser and finally we decided to take our own sweet time to take photos and enjoy the scenery along the path.

It was really a waste that the nice scenery was masked by haze. But i think the best scenery in Hadrian Wall is sunset. They are really gorgeous as I saw from Internet. Too bad, evening was our time to leave.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy the walk very much. Not too difficult for the hiking part but we were worrying if we were in the right path as there was none in the path we followed...

Well, I was being called as 'gayanya macam orang sport' by a newly known malay friend, who sticked to us for the whole journey =.= I guess he is probably attracted by my DSLR, kept asking me to take photo for him =.= On the other hand, I'm quite happy that there is someone taking photo of crab and me ^^ Overall, it was an enjoyable trip ^^ Staying away from city and assignments while enjoying the fresh air and gerak kaki tangan aku (move my hands and legs), nothing can be greater than this at this moment.

P/s: today is the day I spoke the greatest amount of Malay for the past 5years, since I graduated from sec sch. He said I speak like real malay, quite happy that I still maintain certain level of Malay, though I mix english and malay alot. Haha



<<<<>>>>








So romantic ^^

















I took better photo right =p



















































Hadrian has diverse views in 4 seasons and evening is the best time to be there!





Twice brewed pub.






Bonus- after arriving in campus.




I enjoyed the trip so much~~
But sad for crab that she always suffers from the coldness ~

Look how the freezing weather makes our hands swelling & possibly causing pain =(

No comments: