Sunday 8 February 2009

the fact is.. i cant drink





There are alot of experiences as a student in the UK. One of them is - learn how to drink. I met a belgium couple in my Sweden trip who told me Belgium has the good beer and England people is to get drunk but not appreciate the alcohol.

Here, I learn how to drink too. Though I only drink average 2 glasses everytime, and only few times since I was here, 5 months ago. But it was much more frequent than I ever did in Singapore.

Today, my neighbour celebrates her birthday, with other hostel friends. I was dragged by her to drink. I know I cant drink since ages ago but I have to give her face. After one glass of Rum and 1/4 glass of bailey. I feel the effect - red face, dry throat and fast heart beat.

I know it. the fact is ... i cant drink... from the accumulation of hostel drinking experiences.

So far, I have not bought any wine or vodka while many of hostel friends have bought countless of them. I'm not enthu on drinking, but occasionally, Im invited and gotta politely drink few glasses. And, 3 glasses is my limit.




now, still feeling hot and heart beaten fast... though only 1.5 glasses.




========================================
In Spain, soft drink is the same price as wine. The beer could be cheaper than mineral water. Everytime we ordered set meal (1 starter, 2 main course, 1 dessert and 1 drink), we could choose soft drink or wine. Obviously we chose wines which are more expensive in elsewhere. As long as I drink the wine, my face turned tomato and start feeling the heart beats. But I love Sangria and Cider in Spain. They are really great.


Sangria - Wine with lemon. Love this.

The beer in Madrid
Cider 苹果酒 only few percent alcohol. This brand is good. The restaurant produces their own brand. La Mingo in Madrid.

No comments: