Monday 3 March 2008

To accept Uni of Northumbria or not

By 14 Mar, I need to decide to accept or not.

University of Northumbria offers me one year top-up degree, Bachelor in Human Nutrition. I was offered 1000 pounds scholarship and thus it makes up to 7700 pounds of tuition fee for a year.

I can get further discount of 1000 pounds, If I pay my full tuition fee half a year ahead before school starts on 15Sept. Thus, I gotta make decision by 14 March in order to save 1000 pounds which is almost equivalent to RM7000. It is really a huge amount to me. Well, I always have second choice of getting 500 pounds discount if I pay tuition fee 3-6 months in advance.

Low ranking is the limitation of this university. I afraid limited recognisation of the degree too. Apart from this, I'm very pleased with the tuition fee, year of study, living city and cost.

Things to be done to make decision.
1. Send emails to Mrs Tay and Ms Toh who are Nutrition Lecturers. -Waiting reply-
2. Send email to Singapore Nutrition and Dietetic Association. -Waiting reply-
3. Send email to potential university that I may continue my Master in Nutrition/Dietetics.
4. Send email to Health Promotion Board about recognition of the Bachelor.
5. Consult MOE on deferment of serving bond.
6. Compare modules with other universities offer Nutrition degree.

What else I miss out?

No comments: