Tuesday 1 June 2010

IT'S JUNE.

So, it's June.
Trying my best to keep at least a post a month for my updates.

May is passing very fast indeed. I have been preparing my company dinner and dance since early of May. Had my facial, done my cosmetic,clothes,shoes,accesories shopping, had haircut blah blah blah. Women always take long time to prepare days before a grant and important event such as dinner and dance, wedding dinner and worst - own wedding. Haha. but it all worth the money and time invested when you are beautiful and there it makes us feel more confident and delightful.

Other than that, working life is as usual. BUT, i have tougher days in companies. Nasty colleagues from other dept make me a better EQ person. NOW, my manager is someone harder to please. She is very soft, motherly and caring person, so everyone is praising her. On the other side, she can be very workaholic, giaw (stingy aka kedekut), aunty behaviour and worst stop me (and other colleagues) from taking leave!

She has 3 kids and she tries to go back at 6pm everyday to fetch her youngest child. However, she did come back during weekends to finish her works and send emails at 11pm. She can warm up the cold dish that I commented. She makes us rojak. She is a soft spoken lady which never scold us but also keep nagging and chasing for something. She is just like another mother of us.

On the other side, she is always wearing two masks. Slowly, I realised she wears a mask almost everyday. She also likes to 'poh' ppl as in having sweet talks to whoever have values to her. So, I stop talking so much to her. Cause I dont like ppl being so JIA! Then, when she gets familiar with everyone, she starts being sarcastic (esp to me!) and control many things, e.g. my annual leave.

I bought bangkok air tickets last nov to travel in August due to cheap tickets. But now, the bangkok is simply a mess and hence I almost give up. YOG is heating up the whole singapore and my company is doing something for them that need almost all staff from ground to managerial level. I was called to give details which means I will be on duty, most likely. However, schedules have yet released.

Here, she stops me from taking leave even though the duty roaster is not out and dunno if my holiday crashed. That's fine. I understand.

Then, I know her style of working so I quickly apply my HK trip in coming NOV as soon as I have booked the tickets. HR asked if I need to apply the leave so early, I answered: 'here we have different style of working, sure I have to apply first!'
Predictably, she asked if I REALLY NEED to take leave in NOV (during deepavali)! WTH.
'YES, I have already booked the air tickets'. Come on, only 3.5 days loh.
Then, I dun talk to her anymore. Silent... and soon, I received a notification email that she has approved the leave.

Actually I have booked another trip to go back Penang in the same month, I think I have to give up the trip. Unlikely she will let me go to PG :(

Sienz. I will try hard not to take leave and my plant has not up OR not much issue in the new plant so I have excuse to go back PG during HAJI!

Then, I just knew that she also asked the old chef in my company not to take leave, even though he is planning to take medical leave... She is too workaholic sometimes.

Anyway, I also receive pressure from her cause she is a very gan jiong ppl that making everyone so ganjiong and stress in my dept. Some have to really split into 2-3 in order to finish the task given by the tight timeline.

Well...Working is always not easy in SG. The best is she has to fetch her youngest child earlier and so I usually have no prob to go back at 6pm! God blesssSssSsss


Hope i can stay at least 2 years in this company to earn enough of experience, money and exposure for better career prospect :D


Gambateh~~~!!!

Arh, went back to PG during Vesak long weekend. Refreshen!!

Hmm, 31 Dec is my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, anything special for them???


June...nothing much I guess. One K session with poly year 1 classmates...

Still...like to stay home after working to replenish my energy and love for life.

Hope June will be better~~!!

No comments: